Terms and Conditions
By placing an enrollment order you agree that you have read through and understand the Bridgeway Academy academic & financial policies and regulations outlined below. By submitting this order, you represent and warrant that you (i) are authorized to sign for and bind the contracting party and (ii) agree to abide by and comply with these regulations as they apply to yourself and every student you are enrolling.
Further, you understand that all references in this document to “parent” or “family” apply to the individual(s) responsible for overseeing and/or financing the education of the student(s) they enroll.
Summary of the academic policies include, but are not limited to the following:
- Parents are expected to carefully read the Bridgeway Academy Parent Handbook, provided shortly after enrollment, in order to become familiar with Academy policies and procedures.
- Bridgeway Academy sometimes uses the services of educational providers to assist with course development, grade student work, or conduct on demand tutoring services. These outside consulting firms are required to preserve the confidentiality of all information they receive from Bridgeway Academy concerning the student(s) you enroll, including their identities and their academic performance. By enrolling any student(s) with Bridgeway Academy, you are agreeing that we may share information concerning your student(s) and their academic work with these outside consulting firms.
- Tests and other required materials for record keeping services must be completed and returned according to school deadlines. This remains true regardless of which payment plan is selected.
- Parents are familiar with, or will become familiar with, their state’s homeschooling laws and fulfill all requirements necessary to insure compliance with the individual state’s regulations. Bridgeway Academy is not responsible for completing or submitting any state documents for the student.
- All high school students must complete and pay for at least one full academic year (5 credit min.) in order to be eligible for graduation through Bridgeway Academy.
- All final graduation requirements will be determined on an individual student basis and can only be determined after receipt of all official transcripts.
- Families are responsible for purchasing all credits required for graduation.
- Bridgeway Academy does not tolerate cheating. Parents will be expected to monitor student work diligently and prohibit any form of cheating or plagiarism.
- All new students entering grades K-10 must complete the Performance Series academic testing upon enrollment and again at the end of the second semester.
- All students grade 6-12 will be required to complete a Student Orientation, regardless of package type, before curriculum will be ordered.
- Bridgeway Academy reserves the right to deny a formal Letter of Recommendation for any student enrolled for less than one academic school year and/or if a student has displayed academic dishonesty.
GENERAL FINANCIAL POLICIES
(See also Elephango, Independent Study and Live Online Sections)
Summary of the financial policies include, but are not limited to the following:
- Registration and shipping and handling fees are non- refundable.
- Students enrolled in monthly payment plans need to authorize automatic payments from an approved credit/debit card or a checking account.
- The family agrees to pay for the full price of their student(s)’ tuition package/record keeping fees if they do not withdraw their student(s) within the specified guarantee period for their program. The family understands that this remains true, no matter which payment plan was selected for their order.
- Materials that are consumables (such as a workbooks) and/or not in original condition are non-refundable.
- Tuition/record keeping fees will not be refunded after 30 days from purchase date. For Wave 2, Wave 3 and Wave 4 enrollments, your order date will be defined as the enrollment process start date. The exception to this is Live Online Courses, Live Online Packages and Elite Program/Courses – Refunds for these products can only be provided if withdrawal request is made within two weeks (14 days) following the course start date.
- A late fee of $40.00 will be charged when and if a scheduled tuition payment is late. If the late payment is not submitted within 30 days, the account will be put on hold.
- Any student with an account that is 90 days past due will be withdrawn.
- To reactivate an account put on hold, all past due tuition payments must be submitted along with a reinstatement fee of $50.00 within 30 days. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of enrollment.
- If cancelled students wish to re-enroll at a later date, they will need to enroll as a new student and pay full registration and tuition fees. NOTE: No previous payments will be credited to the new registration or tuition fees.
- If using Bridgeway materials, families have 30 days from shipment in order to exchange a course (one time, per subject, per year) and will only be charged for any consumables (such as a workbooks) and/or non-restock able items. The family is responsible for all shipping costs when exchanging courses.
- If not satisfied with the second selection, or if seeking an exchange after the first 30 days, a $75 per course re-stocking fee is applicable. The family is responsible for all shipping costs when exchanging courses.
- After 30 days of on-line course assignment, if a family requests a course exchange that renders a license unusable (Rosetta Stone, ALEKS Math, or from moving from an online course to a traditional course) a $150.00 fee will be charged in order to facilitate the change. This fee will not be charged if the course exchange occurs within 30 days of curriculum shipment.
- For the Elite Program if a family requests a course exchange after the 14-day period, the license fee of $1,250 must be paid.
- Dual Enrollment college course tuition is considered non-Bridgeway supplied material. Refunds will only be issued within 5 days of the start of the Dual Enrollment course.
- A school year extension fee of $100.00 per student per month will be charged for all students who submit their final school grades after the due date. Current policy limits the number of allowed extensions to two (2) for full year packages and one (1) for half-year packages. Extensions are not permitted for by course enrollments.
- Student academic records will not be released until all Academy on-loan materials have been returned (if applicable) and the student’s account is paid in-full.
- Refund policy for change in packages: A refund of fees due to change in tuition package is possible only if the change in package is done within the 30 day enrollment period or 14 days for the Elite Program/Course and Live Online Package/Courses. After the 30/14-day period no refund will be processed. If the student moves to a higher tuition package the difference in package fees is due in full within 30 days of the change. After 30 days of curriculum shipment, the family will be fully responsible to pay the remaining balance on the account, even if they choose to or are forced to withdraw their student(s) for any reason.
- If a student is academically withdrawn and later wishes to return their schoolwork for processing, they must pay a $200.00 record-keeping fee.
- Reservation Drop Fee (Applies to Live Online Packages/Courses) – Bridgeway Academy limits class sizes by reserving and holding seats for enrolled students, making that seat unavailable to other students often months in advance of the course start date. A Reservation Drop Fee is applied to all Live Online Courses after enrollment. Reservation Drop Fee is $50 (per course).
- A full year tuition package runs for 10 months (300 days)
- A half year tuition package runs for 5 months (150 days)
- Student account must be paid in full prior to the release of grades or transcripts.
LIVE ONLINE COURSES (LOC)
- All LOC classes are subject to a $50 drop fee once an order is placed
- Course refunds are only available if request is made before or within 14 days of the course start date.
- A $50 LOC change fee applies to all LOC change requests
- Changes are not permitted after the 14-day course drop deadline
- Registration Fees are non-refundable
Any student enrolled in a Student Live Online course will need a computer headset with microphone, a high-speed internet connection and a webcam to participate in the course. It is the responsibility of the family to provide these items for their student. K’nex Education kits are non-refundable. Unused textbooks and unopened novel sets and other laboratory kits may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund minus any applicable shipping costs. Used or opened course materials are non-refundable items.
The family agrees to abide by all policies outlined in the Student Live Online Course Handbook and Bridgeway Academy Student Handbook including those related to registration, course fees, course cancellation, and grade reporting.
By placing an order for Student Live Online courses, I understand that recordings of classes may be used for training, educational and promotional purposes and I am granting permission for videos or screenshots that may contain my child to be used for these stated purposes only.
INDEPENDENT STUDY (Self-Paced Courses)
- Independent Study courses can only be dropped for a refund within 30 days of the course start date. Registration and shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Textbooks course materials must be returned in new, unused condition with no writing on materials within 30 days of original shipment date to be eligible for refund.
- Independent Study courses are allotted 150 days per semester. A $50 extension fee is available to extend the course for an additional 30 days with a total maximum of 2 extensions available for any course.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee (excluding items mentioned below) is available on Bridgeway tuition fees only. All Hope Packages include a non-refundable $395 Evaluation Fee.
Elite Program and Student Live Online Courses and Live Online Packages – Two-week (14 day) Money Back Guarantee on course fees only.
Grade Level Kits have a 30-day return period provided the materials are new and unused with no writing on any materials.
IMPORTANT: College NOW! Dual-enrollment college classes have a 5-day Money Back Guarantee.
A Bridgeway Academy withdraw form must be completed and submitted to the finance department according to proper procedure for the refund to be issued.
ON-LOAN MATERIAL POLICY
Bridgeway Academy occasionally provides some academic materials on-loan. This includes non-consumable textbooks, teacher’s guides, etc. Items that are on-loan will be labeled as such and are expected to be returned at the end of the student’s school term.
The family understands that on-loan materials are reused year to year and some of the loaned materials provided for their student may have been used by a previous Academy student. While the Academy cannot guarantee a new copy of a loaned resource, Bridgeway commits to providing quality copies of all on-loan materials. Loaned materials that are battered, torn, defaced or otherwise physically unusable will be promptly exchanged for a quality copy.
Final records will not be released until all loaned items have been received. If the family wishes to purchase their on-loan materials, they will need to alert their advisor. The family will be billed only for the on-loan items they desire to keep.
All students applying for a Missionary, Military or Pastoral scholarship must complete the proper form and submit all required verification items before the scholarship application will be processed. If a student qualifies for a scholarship, the amount will be refunded to the family after enrollment. The scholarship committee reserves the right to approve or disapprove of scholarships and the amount of scholarships as per the guidelines established by the board. The decision of the committee is considered final and not subject to appeal.
Scholarships are available on 1st-12th grade tuition packages only. For high school by course, the student must be taking at least 5 individual courses to qualify for the scholarship. The scholarship amount may be prorated for half year students.
A domestic shipping fee of $35.00 will apply to all tuition packages that include physical items (such as textbooks, CD-ROMs, etc.) that are mailed out. Domestic shipping is via UPS.
The default shipping carrier for international shipments is UPS Express Mail. A base international rate of $275.00 will be charged on these tuition packages for both full-year and half-year enrollments. If the actual shipping rate is higher, the difference will be quoted upon shipment. Materials will not be sent until the shipping balance is paid in-full.
Important – Bridgeway Academy is NOT responsible for paying Customs Fees.
Generally, there are no shipping fees on Fully Online packages or Record Keeping Only packages. A fully online package may be charged the standard domestic S&H fee if materials that require shipping are elected during course selection. International families will be charged appropriate shipping fees for materials that will be shipped.
The standard shipping fees of $35.00 is applied for all HOPE packages. PLEASE NOTE: If an online student chooses to take a text course, the family is responsible for the cost of shipping the materials. Any other shipping fees (i.e. high school by course, science kit, etc.) will show on your invoice.
International Families: When a course exchange is requested, Bridgeway Academy does not cover the cost of shipping course materials, whether within 30 days from initial curriculum shipment or after 30 days from initial curriculum shipment. Actual cost to ship will be charged, and payment must be made before course materials will be shipped.
COMPUTER & EMAIL ACCESS
In this ever-growing age of technology, Bridgeway Academy relies heavily upon the mode of email for communicating important information with the family. This includes day to day help, alerts to upcoming deadlines, critical notices, re-enrollment information, and more. For that reason, Bridgeway expects the family to provide a valid email address upon enrollment and to update the Academy of any changes to that information. The Academy also expects that the family will have regular access to a computer and their email account.
If the family does not have a valid email address and/or regular access to a computer to check their email, they must alert Bridgeway Academy staff immediately. The Academy recommends, at the very least, that the family create a free email account and seek to check their correspondence from a library internet connection on a regular basis. The family understands that the enrollment process and a considerable amount of customer contact throughout the school year will be delayed and/or non-receivable.
The family agrees they will not hold Bridgeway Academy at fault for any circumstances that result due to poor email communication resulting from lack of a customer email address, invalid email address on file, and/or lack of regular customer access of their email account.
Most of our resources are available to be downloaded from our online portal. It is the responsibility of the family to have access to at least one computer and reliable internet to access these resources throughout the school year.
NO PROGRESS POLICY
Students are required to make adequate weekly progress. Students should work according to the academic calendar and pacing guides and work a minimum of three (3) hours per week per course. This is the minimum requirement – students should expect to spend five (5) hours per week per course. If students fall below this pace for more than 8 consecutive weeks, students will face an academic hold followed by academic withdrawal. Tuition is non-refundable for students that are academically withdrawn. Communication with your advisor is essential if circumstances occur that prevent your student from completing the weekly minimum number of hours in the online program.
SOUTH CAROLINA RESIDENTS
By submitting this order, the family acknowledges that they are in compliance with SC state home school laws and the parent or guardian overseeing the student(s) education has either a high school diploma or a GED. Further, the family agrees to teach a 180-day academic school year, as required by SC home school regulations.
The family understands that Bridgeway Academy financial and academic policies are subject to change and that the family will be notified of any major changes in a timely manner.
The family understands that they should not submit this order unless they are in full agreement with the current policies as they are presented.
Bridgeway Academy Customers
Elephango is a third-party product and has its own terms and conditions. If you withdraw from Bridgeway Academy your Elephango subscription is still active and will not be terminated automatically until you follow the “How to Cancel Automatic Renewal” process with Elephango.
Elephango Terms & Conditions
What information is collected by Elephango and how is that information used?
Information you provide to us: We receive and store the information you enter on our website. We use that information to process your subscription, respond to your requests, improve and customize our site, and communicate with you. When you send email inquiries to Elephango, we use the return email address to answer the email inquiry. If you receive any email correspondence from us that you would rather not receive, simply follow the “unsubscribe” instructions included in the email.
To subscribe to Elephango, you will be required to enter a credit card number and billing information. When you enter this information, it will be securely encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 WE WILL NEED YOUR PARENT’S OR GUARDIAN’S CONSENT BEFORE YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE TO ELEPHANGO.
Elephango does require you to enter your name, email, username, password, and billing details which includes your full address in order to use our website.
Subscriptions are family for a pre-paid full year subscription term (per your subscription plan). Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term for another one- one-year term. You agree that we may automatically renew your subscription and charge your account on the anniversary of your last subscription date (the “Renewal Date”), unless you cancel your subscription before the Renewal Date. Elephango will automatically renew your subscription on the Renewal Date until you cancel your subscription or Elephango no longer offers the subscription service.
Notice of Automatic Renewal
You will receive an email notice approximately 10 days prior to the Renewal Date. The notice will let you know that your current subscription term is about to end and the Renewal Date when your subscription will be renewed, and your account charged. All notices regarding your subscription will be sent to your last email of record. To cancel your subscription without your account being charged for the next term, you must do so before the Renewal Date. Please keep a record of when your subscription term ends and the next Renewal Date. You are responsible for timely canceling your subscription regardless of whether you receive any notice from us.
How to Cancel Automatic Renewal
You can cancel your account at any time by visiting the My Account page. For more information and steps, please visit our
The initial subscription payment is NOT refundable. If a subscription payment is taken after your notice of cancellation, we will refund your renewal payment provided that you cancel your subscription prior to your Renewal Date. After the Renewal Date, your subscription payment is non-refundable, and your subscription will continue until the end of the subscription period.
You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Site for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than to review the information therein, for personal use.
The content and software on this site and in the downloads are the property of Elephango and/or its suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Please do not remove this notice or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
Limitations of Membership Each family subscription includes up to four children. For families of more than four children, you are responsible to contact support for assistance in adding additional family members.
School Users are NOT permitted to assign courses, assignments, assessments or any other content within Elephango without permission from Elephango (permission assumed when there is a subscription for the user to which you are assigning). Accounts will be monitored by our technology specialists for misuse of our system. Any misuse as stated above will be removed by Elephango and all progress will be lost.