It’s summertime, and you’ve decided to take the plunge! I don’t mean in the neighborhood pool (although that is probably on your schedule!) — I mean you have decided that summer school is a good choice for your child. Just like there are many things to consider when planning a vacation or other time off, there are multiple options to consider when choosing a summer school program.
Keeping in mind that summer schooling has many benefits, like getting a jump on the fall semester and minimizing “summer brain drain,” you’ll want a plan that suits your learner’s style and pace.
One option is to take traditional classes in a brick-and-mortar local school. Some things to consider with that option:
- Many students learning together means one pace and schedule are set for the entire class.
- Transportation may not be convenient.
- There may be a limited number of subjects to choose from.
- This would free up time for you while your child is out of the house, and you would not have to prepare a lesson.
Brick-and-mortar options tend to leave little room for flexibility, something that can be important during the busy summer months. Bridgeway Academy’s options not only give your schedule flexibility though self-paced learning, but can also be tailored to your child’s personality and learning styles, and give you hundreds of courses to choose from.
We offer three styles of classes for summer school:
Traditional textbook courses
- Our top-rated textbook titles and Bridgeway-authored teaching manuals give your student the best materials and learning experience in a home learning setting. You also get the support you need to help teach the course.
- Our online courses include access to pre-recorded instruction videos, opportunities for student engagement, and a variety of online assessments to measure understanding. There is even a digital calendar to assist your student with staying on track.
- Blended courses bring together the best of textbook and online learning. Students receive instruction online while completing pencil-and-paper activities to reinforce ideas.
Ready to dive into summer school? Explore our course offerings to find the right one for your student. Save 15% on your courses when you enroll before July 1st, 2019. Questions? Contact us at 1-800-863-1474 to speak with an admissions representative.