Earth day is right around the corner, and with it a chance to celebrate and explore God’s creation in new and exciting ways. But, earth day activities can get boring and stale as the years go by. Go beyond reduce, reuse, and recycle with these fun, engaging Earth Day lesson plans for homeschoolers. Think science experiments, online interactives, and even a few Earth Day inspired treats. Take Earth Day to a new planet with these 10 great Earth Day lesson plans for homeschoolers.
10 Great Earth Day Lessons and Activities
- Start a week of Earth Day activities by whipping up a few delicious Earth Day snacks including Dirt Cups, Earth Cookies, or earth inspired popcorn!
- Make learning about the sun and solar energy even sweeter by building an Earth Day Pizza or Smores Oven.
- Who doesn’t want to play with mud and learn all about microorganisms? Get your hands dirty as you experiment with Mud Microbiology in this lesson from the National Science Teacher’s Association.
- What’s eating you? Wander through the science of the food chain with this fun online lesson and interactive game.
- Earth Day lessons will be infinitely more fun when you’re exploring endangered species and ecosystems! Teach your students about the sustainability in ecosystems with this exciting lesson from scholastic.com.
- Artistic and visual learners will love examining these Earth Day posters and then creating their own! Have your artist research a scientific or environmental cause that interests them and then design an informative poster using whatever materials inspire him!
- Enjoy Earth Day lessons as a bunch of book worms with this environment inspired reading list. And because it’s grouped by grade, you’ll find something for every level of reader in your home planet.
- Make your Earth Day lessons come alive through videos. Nature Works Everywhere has compiled over 40 video based lesson plans and activities to celebrate everything under the sun. Learn about everything from vultures to forest fires to beach erosion.
- Have crafty kiddos? Get your hands on these enriching 20 Earth Day crafts and activities from notimeforflashcards.com
- Not inspired? You’re sure to find an Earth Day lesson plan or activity you love among this list of 50 Earth Day activities.
Make this Earth Day a celebration of science, exploration, and creativity. And make sure to add an element of hands-on learning so that your Earth Day will spark a curiosity and love of learning within creation! How do you plan to spend your Earth Day? Tell us in a comment below!