“Knowing that Bridgeway is fully accredited provided us with added assurances that we were doing the right thing with our son s education.
After watching him excel academically and personally over the past three years with Bridgeway, I realize their accreditation really means something!
Dan, Bridgeway parent
If you are a teen seeking an alternative to public or private schools with an accredited diploma, then an online high school program is a terrific option!
Are you looking for a program that grants the freedom to learn creatively, to take charge of your own education and to pursue the future in your timing?
Are you searching for a flexible education for any of the following reasons:
~The desire to work at your own pace with the option to graduate early
~The freedom to determine your own courses
~The need to study in a less distracting environment
~The ability to work from home for health reasons
~The need for more challenging courses
~The need to go back and establish a stronger academic foundation
~The need to schedule your learning around a career
~The need for more time to pursue your excellence in athletics or another field
If any of these apply, you must consider the freedom of online high school.
In many cases, you are ready to consider a homeschool program for high school, but convincing your parents that they can do it can be a daunting task.
They are struggling with the knowledge that high school is crucial to your future and they don’t want to risk making mistakes.
~How will they ensure that you are on the right track?
~How will they teach high school math and science courses?
~How will they know that you are producing quality work?
~What courses will you need for college?
~What about a high school transcript?
~What about an accredited diploma?
All of these are valid concerns and definitely should be considered as you research the option of high school at home and the right online high school program can and will meet those needs.
So what do you need to know as you consider the options and search for the right online high school program? What questions should you ask? How do you know that the online high school or homeschool academy you choose will prepare you for your future?
Some basic considerations:
- Ask about accreditation. You want to be sure that the online high school you choose is accredited and that you will receive an accredited diploma.
- Ask about college placement. Can they provide a list of colleges and universities where their high school graduates have gone?
- Ask about flexibility. Do they offer a “one size fits all” curriculum or do they cater courses to your specific needs and goals? Do they offer both vocational and college prep high school programs? Can they meet the needs of both struggling learners and advanced or gifted students?
- Ask about support. Are you able to call for help or get help online when you need it?
- Ask about freedom in scheduling. Are you required to be online for a specific time period during the day or for a set number of hours per day or do you have the freedom to determine your own schedule?
- Ask about AP courses. Are you able to take online advanced placement courses that prepare you for AP Exams?
- Ask about dual enrollment courses. Does the school offer the opportunity to take online college courses for both high school and college credit? This is a terrific way to get a head start on college while taking more rigorous courses and preparing yourself for the transition to college level academics.
- Ask about graduation. Can you participate in a graduation ceremony with other graduates?
It is important to ask the right questions before choosing an online high school. Be sure it is recognized, has been in operation for several years and has a good reputation. This is your future, you want to do it right.
How to get started.
Start by looking at the various online high school options out there. Be sure to ask the questions listed above and compare programs.
Some online high school programs to consider:
Bridgeway Academy Online High School. In operation for 20 years, you can be confident in the fact that their high school graduates have attended colleges and universities all across the country-many with scholarship funding. Choose to take all courses online or mix and match your preferences for a truly customized program.
With introductory grants available, you can take advantage of the most cost effective online high school program out there. You can enjoy a program that offers more freedom and customization than any other online high school. You can be confident in a course load that is catered to your needs and abilities, whether you are struggling with academics or searching for more challenging and advanced classes. You can be sure that you will receive exactly what you need to succeed. And, if you are looking for a jump start on college, you can find it at Bridgeway Academy where dual enrollment courses (in partnership with Davis College) offer you the ability to take online courses for both college and high school credit.
So don’t be afraid to ask your parents to consider a home school option for you, but do be sure that you have researched it well and are prepared to offer an answer to their concerns.
These same concerns are the reason you don’t want to go it alone. A homeschool academy like Bridgeway Academy will work with you to ensure that you are taking the right courses to prepare for your future; that you are producing the level of work necessary for future success, and that you are ready for whatever your future holds.
Bridgeway Academy’s online high school offers video instructors to walk you through new information and provide that instruction that can seem intimidating to parents who are concerned about teaching upper level courses. Your personal academic advisor will work with you to determine the right courses based on your current strengths and needs in academics as well as your plans for the future. And your accredited diploma and transcripts ensure that you can enter the college or university of your choice.
Are you ready to enroll? Do you have more questions?