Homeschooling is an exciting and flexible educational option that more than 6 million homeschoolers in the US alone are taking advantage of for good reason. The benefits of homeschooling are boundless, and the dedication, time and care it takes to homeschool a child are well worth the investment. Why should you choose to homeschool? For a hundred reasons, but here are just seven.
7 Reasons to Choose Homeschooling
- Homeschooling puts your child front and center in his/her education. When you individualize education, the child will reach new heights and overcome obstacles. The attention a child will receive through homeschooling means that the child will succeed academically, emotionally, and spiritually because they are the center of focus each day.
- Homeschooling allows parents to impart your beliefs and morals into the child’s education and each aspect of his/her day. Parents can build within the child a strong foundation based upon your families’ beliefs without outside influences.
- Homeschooling can strengthen the family. More family time, learning together, and watching one another grow and succeed gives families more strength and brings them closer together.
- Homeschooling means less negative influences. When parents choose to homeschool, they are also choosing more peace and safety. Let’s face it, this world is harsh, and children in public schools face many trials and problems that parents want to protect them from at all costs. Bullying, peer pressure, drugs, etc. the list goes on and on. Our public schools can be dangerous places where children often struggle. Homeschooling provides the safest and most loving environment possible for a child to thrive.
- Homeschooling means no more homework! Enough said.
- Homeschooling is challenging and fun! Becoming a teacher is a wonderfully challenging opportunity to grow and learn along with the child. Together, parents and homeschoolers can explore, experiment, and excel as a family each day because they are learning and challenging one another. This extra time together makes the family stronger, smarter, more connected and more joyful!
- Homeschooling gives parents the authority to manage the schedule. If the student wants to read all morning and tackle work in the afternoon, go for it. If the goal is to finish by noon so that you can enjoy field trips, sports, or social time all afternoon, you can! Homeschooling means that the child is not trapped from 8-3 in a school schedule that robs you of family time and the ability to get more done in less time. Homeschooling allows the flexibility to vacation and incorporate homeschooling and experience life and all of its adventures all when you want, on your own time. Who wouldn’t want to choose homeschooling?!
Homeschooling has forever changed my life for the better, and it can change yours as well! If you’re wondering when you should choose homeschooling, there’s no better time than now! And you don’t have to go it alone. The expert homeschoolers at Bridgeway Academy are ready and waiting to help you start your homeschooling journey and put you on a path towards a more joyful and successful family life. Call for more information today!